The directors and instructors would like to welcome you to Suntree Martial Arts under the ownership of Sensei Morgan Frechette and management of Mrs. Marie Dabbs. We have created these policies and procedures to give our parents and students a clear understanding of our mutual commitments and responsibilities to Suntree Martial Arts.
Here, we believe that each student and child possess their own, unique reason for a martial arts lifestyle. Whether yours is fitness, personal protection, mental skill-building, or simply to embrace an art form, increase balance, we are honored to guide and train you in your personal journey through our classes or camps.
You will find that this school holds standards of excellence for the individual student, class structure, and the process of which the school is managed. We encourage honest, open communication of goals and concerns from both adults and children alike.
Additionally, at Suntree Martial Arts, we believe that the mind and body truly do work together. We strive to train for mental performance along with physical, as this has shown to bring forth a highly-improved execution of skill.
We encourage you to approach each day of class with an open mind and to reflect on what you have learned, often. You will find that the ability of your newly-learned techniques are improved drastically as you not only practice them with your body but practice them in your mind as well. The beauty of this is that it can be done anywhere, at any time!
We look forward to your training as a martial artist and the making of the best version of YOU.
Mandatory Water Bottle Policy
Students are required to bring a water bottle labeled with their name to each day of camp and take them home afterward.
They are absolutely welcome to use our water jugs to refill!
Food & Drink Policy
- Full-day campers need to bring 2 snacks and one packed lunch to each day of camp. Campers staying for aftercare need an additional 2 snacks. (No candy, popcorn, juice, or nuts.)
- Half-day campers need to bring 1 snack to each day of camp. (No candy, popcorn, juice, or nuts.)
- Please advise us before camp start date if your child has any sensitive food allergies so we may plan accordingly.
The below actions are not tolerated:
- Failure to follow clear direction.
- Pushing, shoving, horseplay, or any incident where during transition times they fail to keep their hands to themselves.
- Speaking with disrespect or inappropriateness to an instructor or fellow camper.
- Lack of focus and excessive silliness during skill-based activity.
- Poor Sportsmanship (shouting, crying, bragging etc.)
- Poor Hygiene – Long or dirty finger and toenails, soiled or inappropriate attire, odor etc.
Acceptable Communication Policy
- All concerns should be redirected to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our students are our priority and those are who our focus is on during business hours.
- For immediate questions needed, please refer to our Facebook page or please try our school number 321-775-3073.
- Please leave a message if necessary and we will get back with you within 24 hours.
While phone calls are appreciated and will be returned, our best form of contact is via email at info@suntreemartialarts.
Good Communication/Good Vibes Policy
- We request that our families keep us courteously informed on anything we should know so we can best serve our student and the student family. Remember, we care about our student families and want to be in the know! (Ie., upcoming absence, upcoming travel, birthday, sickness, injury/illness, reasonable tardiness, etc.) This can be done via email at email@example.com or in person to our instructors.
- Our dojo is a big family. We have the most wonderful, caring, and kind families we could ask for and we want this spirit to be the signature of Suntree Martial Arts. These families know who they are!
- We ask you to please be a part of this established amazing nature of our school by embracing the staff and instructor-student relationship and being involved. It is very much founded on trust, respect, and courtesy so we wish to reflect the same between the parents and instructors/staff as well. Our instructors and camp staff are all very personable and caring staff. Please treat each with the consideration and kindness they deserve as your camper’s instructor or camp staff, so we can kindly model the martial arts standard for courtesy for our students. A kind smile or a few words go a long way for our young students and sets the example of what they are learning in their training.
Thank you for helping us create the best possible experience for our campers!
- If a student misses any days of camp, the weekly fee will not be prorated or refunded.
- If your child will not be attending camp on certain days, please notify the director as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 321-775-3073.
- Camp doors open promptly at 8:00 am. Campers will not be admitted prior to doors opening at 8:00 am. Camp activities begin promptly at 8:15 am.
- Half-day campers need to be picked up promptly at 12:00 pm. Full-day campers need to be picked up promptly at 4:00 pm. Those campers staying for aftercare must be picked up no later than 6:15 pm.
All camp fee payments are paid via the card on file. Using the card on file, the remaining camp fee balance will be auto-billed on the Friday prior to the start date of camp.
- The initial $25 deposit paid upon registration for camp will be automatically applied to the total camp fee due for the week.
- Students attending more than one week of camp are required to register and pay for each week individually. A 10% discount will be applied automatically to the remaining camp fee due when you are billed for the third or more week of camp.
- Siblings also attending camp need to be registered separately and will receive a 10% discount off the remaining camp fee when it is billed.
- Partial week attendance to camp will not be prorated.
- We require 7 days of written/electronic notice to cancel camp attendance and in order to not be charged for that camp.
- No refunds will be issued after 7 days prior to the camp start date. All deposits are nonrefundable.
- We do not prorate camp fees during holidays such as Independence Day when camp is not in session.
Sensei Morgan Frechette, Owner-Operator
Marie Dabbs, After School Program & Camp Director
Any arrangements regarding the policies listed above made otherwise are at the owner’s discretion. If a student is underage, parents should review the dojo rules and regulations with the student to ensure that policies are understood.